- we started reading The Story of Dr. Dolittle and Just So Stories for literature
- Now We Are Six for poetry
- and The Struggle for Sea Power in our world history series
- we memorized the first four verses of Psalm 139
- I got my supplies organized enough that the kids could draw and play with modeling clay while I did our history and literature read alouds; they were quite excited about that.
- on Friday we did a little geography block with a story from Africa out of Folktales from Ecosystems Around the World, some songs from Africa from Wee Sing Around the World, and an African-inspired craft from Global Art. The kids really enjoyed this ~ even the too cool 11yo boy!
I like the rhythm we have found to our autumn days, and the kids seem to as well. They are playing together outside a lot, working on lots of creative projects inside, and even the 13yo manages to show up when we do read alouds (something from which she could not wait to be excused a year ago).