08 October 2009

Thankful Thursday ~ the flu/pneumonia edition

Last Thursday Sgt. Elf was healthy.  Her younger siblings had "chest colds", and I was starting to feel one coming on.  Friday it was her turn, and by Saturday night she was in ICU at Children's Hospital with a partially collapsed lung.  Yesterday she got to come home.

I am very thankful for:


  • my wonderful husband who insisted on taking her in (I didn't realize how sick she was, since I was spending most of my time in bed myself.)

  • countless prayer warriors ~ many of whom did not even know us

  • emergency rooms

  • ambulance drivers

  • Children's Hospital

  • ICU

  • doctors

  • nurses

  • respiratory therapists

  • physical therapists

  • medical technology

  • insurance to pay for it

  • friends who brought the rest of my family food

  • 13-year-old lungs that are working again


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you says the LORD. 
Thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

~Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: