09 January 2010

Just Do It!

I vaguely remember reading about the Pick a word for the year concept last year, and I have noticed it popping up here & there this year; it is an intriguing idea.  I really like Sarah's idea for setting goals for the new year.  Ah, yes, ideas, theories, plans, these are a few of my favourite things.  I love to think about things and plan things, but not so much to do things.  Oh, and I love to tweak things.  Of course, it being the 9th day of 2010, I am already behind.  I tend to do the whole life-evaluating, goal-setting deal around my birthday, too, which is at the end of June. 

So, here is my twisted, tweaked plan. 



My word is DO, and I even have a Bible verse to go with it:


Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men . . .
You are serving the Lord Christ.

Colossians 3:23 & 24


And now, borrowing from Sarah, I am setting 6 goals for the next 6 months until my birthday (actually, exactly 24 weeks from tomorrow):

  1. walk 100 hours (40-45 minutes; 6 days a week)

  2. plan & prepare 168 home-cooked dinners (every. single. day.)

  3. complete 24 small decluttering projects (one a week)

  4. start & finish 4 knitting projects (one every 6 weeks)

  5. read 8 books (one every 3 weeks)

  6. 504 hugs, kisses, and smiles for my husband (three times, each & every day)


Then I will do it again for the second half of the year.

No comments: