At my age i really haven't lost that much. I think about my mother, who, by the time she was 30 had lost both parents and two precious children. I am 48. I have never experienced the heart-wrenching loss of a child. Yet there are still some losses that i feel deeply.
- my dream of living again in the Pacific Northwest ~ we moved to Texas 14 years ago, thinking it would be for a year or two; when we bought our house here 10 years ago i felt like a little piece of my heart broke away, realizing that we may never move back.
- the baby years ~ my youngest is 9; i would have loved to have more, but never did.
- my daddy ~ we discovered he had cancer a few months after our youngest was born; he died when she was 6 months old. i was very close to him.
- being a full-time-stay-at-home-mama ~ i have been working, off & on, first full-time & now part-time since 2004.
- my mom, who is still alive, but in a very advanced stage of Alzheimer's and living 2000+ miles away ~ i was not as close to her as i was to my dad, but we loved each other.
- my oldest & dearest friend ~ she died suddenly a month ago; we had been friends for more than 30 years, but i hadn't actually talked with her in a couple of years
God has laid this song on my heart as i struggle to let go: