My youngest is now 11. I have 2 that have moved out and 2 adult children living at home, who are busy with work and classes. My teens are just busy. Plus, our Monday enrichment classes and my tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays will continue throughout the first 3 weeks of Advent. This is certainly a work in progress.
Sunday Nights with the family:
- Joseph & Mary begin their journey.
- Wreath and Candles
- Scripture and Prayer
- Special Dessert
- 1st: Wreath Cake
- 8th, 15th, & 22nd: to be decided; I may just make a different flavor wreath cake each week
- Jesse Tree ~ I participated in Michelle's Ornament Swap. (Since we will only be doing it three days a week, we will probably not do every one.)
- Poetry, Art, Music, & lots of other books we have
- Morning Time Messiah ~ I love Cindy's idea, but I think we will go at a slower pace, doing it only on Fridays and continuing it beyond Advent and Christmas, possibly even throughout Lent and Easter.
- Teatime and Project
- Family Outing/Activity
- (7th) Walk Through Bethlehem at a local church
- (14th) to be decided; I would like to find somewhere we can do volunteer work as a family
- (21st) Solstice ~ (John 1) put up lights; make wassail; build a fire; make s'mores
24th Christmas Eve: Joseph & Mary arrive at the stable; Shepherd's Pie for supper; Midnight Mass
to see all of my Advent posts, click the banner: