29 November 2013

Day after Thanksgiving Daybook

Outside my window...
it is cold and frosty ~ a rarity here in Central Texas.

I am thinking...
about Advent.

I am thankful...
for a wonderful day spent with all of my children yesterday.

In the kitchen...
are dirty dishes and leftovers ~ signs of abundance.

I am wearing...
longhorn tee, orange pajama pants, a brown cardigan, and socks.

I am creating...
space for Advent: in my home, my life, and my heart.

I am going...
for a morning walk with my 17 year-old daughter; otherwise, today is definitely a stay-at-home day for me. 

I am wondering...
why anyone would ever want to participate in the day-after-thanksgiving-shopping-craziness!  I am not judging; i just really do not understand it.

I am reading... 
Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home in very small pieces in the evenings.
An Irish Country Christmas on my nook.
Little Town on the Prairie and One Thousand and One Arabian Nights with my kids.

I am hoping...
to get the house tidied up and ready for Advent.

I am looking forward to...
my older son's birthday!

I am learning...
to be grateful.  (At least, i am trying to.)

A favorite quote for today...
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” 
~Melody Beattie

One of my favorite things...
pumpkin!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • Saturday: Joshua's 16th birthday
  • Sunday: 1st Sunday of Advent
  • Friday: Saint Nicholas Day

A peek into my day...
I want to enjoy my husband being home, eat leftovers, and watch The Bells of Saint Mary's later today on the movie channel.

No comments: