10 January 2006

Reading List

Daily Inspiration:
My Utmost Devotional Bible
Joy and Strength by Mary Wilder Tileston
Come to the Quiet by John Michael Talbot

Poetry:
Major Voices ~ 20 British and American Poets

I
have chosen fiction and non-fiction books which I have on my
bookshelves but have never read; my goal is to read 6 in each catergory
by 06/26/06 (the day before my birthday) at which time I will make a
new list.

Fiction:
  1. Pilgrim's Progress by Bunyan
  2. The Scarlet Letter by Hawthorne
  3. Great Expectations by Dickens
  4. Silas Marner by George Eliot
  5. The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald
  6. The Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway

Non-fiction:
  1. Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
  2. The Greek Way by Edith Hamilton
  3. The Roman Way by Edith Hamilton
  4. How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill
  5. Shakespeare of London by Marchette Chute
  6. Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
I also have quite a long list of potential read alouds, and I hope to post that by next week.

posted in: Making Plans

1 comment:

sk8rtink7 said...

mommy one of my favorite books is Pilgrims Progress just like you. have you seen my blog lately!@#$%^&*()_=[]\;',./`

your loverly favorite child FAITH!



p.s

your blog is awsome and so are you!