27 November 2007

Thankful Monday & Tuesday

Monday:



I went to Half Price Books and found one missing Magic Treehouse Book for the set I gave Lulapalooza for his birthday.  I also was able to pick up a couple more books for J-Man for his upcoming birthday.  I found one book that we can use in history studies next year, and I found not only a prayer book (something for which I have been on the lookout for a long time ~ and it starts with Advent!), but a copy of Devotional Classics by Richard Foster as well.  All of this cost less than $20.  Thank You, God, for these little blessings and the many more that you send my way daily.



Tuesday:



Well, I have three sick girls, but since the Bible says to give thanks in everything, that is what I will try to do.  I am very thankful that I am able to be here at home when my children feel icky and need mama.  I am thankful that my husband wants me to stay home rather than work somewhere else for a paycheck.  I am thankful that even though his job does not pay as much as we might like, it pays enough for us to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table and me at home.  I am thankful for the blessing of my children and the honour of caring for them.  I am thankful that the girls just have a simple stomach virus which will pass in a day or so.



Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: