12 August 2011

7 quick takes


~1~
I am really glad I didn't try to do NaBloPoMo during August!  The last two weeks have been so busy; I worked twice as many hours as I normally do, and we had 7 out-of-town-guests here last weekend to celebrate two birthdays.  I spent every evening last week taking the younger 2 to and from VBS at a friend's church and every morning this week on the road taking my son to work at a LEGO camp 15 miles away.  I am a homebody, for goodness' sake!  My house is a wreck, and I am behind on the bills; but, today is the beginning of the first of two four-day-weekends!

~2~
I did have a lovely time last Saturday taking my oldest daughter to brunch for her 21st birthday.  We had creme brulee French toast and champagne pionsettias ~champagne and cranberry juice~ yum!  I told her that we should go to a wine-tasting together now that she is 21.  I have wanted to do that for a long time, but it is not my husband's kind of thing.

~3~
Our air conditioner was fixed the day after it broke, and it only cost $158; praise the Lord!

~4~
We finished Carry On, Mr. Bowditch yesterday, and we all give it an enthusiastic thumbs up.  I am going to let my 11yo son and 9yo daughter each choose a book for our next read alouds.

~5~
I am trying to work up a sort of master-menu plan to use over the next three months or so.  If I actually finish it, I will post it here.

~6~
I bought another miniature rose yesterday, because the grocery store has them on sale for $1.99.  I am quite enjoying my little windowsill garden; it makes the relentless sun worthwhile.

~7~
I am trying to decide if I want to get a smartphone.  {sigh}  Decision-making and I do not have a healthy relationship.

3 comments:

Queen of Carrots said...

I love the idea of kids getting big enough to do things dad doesn't want to. I'm waiting for them to be old enough to do long, grueling hikes. :-P

Adrienne said...

Seven house guests! That's overwhelming! Glad you have a couple of long weekends. My husband and I are taking our summer break in two weeks, and I'm ready for those four days. Heading out to brunch in a bit...champagne and cranberry juice ~ might just have to give that a try!

Kasi said...

Thank you for the prayers! And for visiting my blog! I'm loving that your air condition only cost $158!! Amazing...God is good! :)