31 July 2008

Thankful Thursday

It has been a long time since I did one of these posts, and I have so very much to be grateful for.


Thou art my God, and I will praise Thee:

Thou art my God, I will exalt Thee.

O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:

for His mercy endureth for ever.


 



~Psalm 118:28&29 

I am thankful that I am alive...and healthy...and even moreso that I have the promise of eternal life...with God...in heaven; how cool is that?!


I am thankful that I live in Texas...even though it is ridiculously hot...almost every day...for months without end; but this is where He has me, so it is where I am supposed to be...and the homeschool laws are great...and I love my church family...and I have wonderful friends here...and a home...and two dogs...and airconditioners...all of which I am thankful for.


I am thankful for the wonderful parents that I was blessed to have been raised by...even though I miss my daddy something fierce...and my mama has alzheimer's...so I kinda miss her in a differen sort of way...I know they loved me...and they loved God too...and taught me about His love.


I am thankful for my husband...who loves me pretty much unconditionally...and would give me anything I want...or do anything for me that is within his power to do...and besides that is a great dad...and incredibly handsome...and does his own laundry...and makes the bed...and prays for me...and is so much more than I deserve...or ever thought I could have.


I am thankful for my children...all seven of them...with their unique personalities...and their talents and abilities...and their challenges...and the many things that God is teaching me through them...and the incredible privilege of being their mama.


I am thankful for God's Word...in my own language...which I can afford...and carry with me...and read whenever I want...or need to


I am thankful for mountains...trees...oceans, rivers, and lakes


for sunrises...cool morning walks...and a warm cuppa tea


for books...and music...and art...and poetry...and for those with the gifts to create beauty...and the desire to share



It's a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.


 


~Roberto Benigni


 




No comments: