20 March 2009

Five Senses Friday


This idea originated here


The idea is to record sensory highlights of the week.  I thought that I would give it a go. 




Sight:




  • Bluebonnets



  • Funky art/decor in the garden/ patio of a downtown coffee shop/bar with Frap & friends on her birthday



  • Kids herding dogs through the house and back into the yard after the gate was left open ~ twice, three, four times (apparently, they have actually figured out how to open the gate themselves) five, six times! [apparently, there was a loose board in the fence ~ now repaired.]



 


Smell:




  • Books



  • Huckleberry tea



  • Chuy’s food when I pick up Frap from work



 


Sound:




  • A houseful of teenagers



  • Sgt. Elf teaching herself to play the guitar



  • My kids in the car singing along with Dean Martin on “That’s Amore”



 


Taste:




  • The latte my husband makes especially for me on Sunday after worship



  • Chocolate raspberry cheesecake which my daughter made for her birthday



  • Vegan pita pizza



 


Touch:




  • The nuzzle of the dogs in the morning when I go out to feed them



  • Washing dishes



  • Cold, crisp air in the rink while ice-skating with Lulapalooza


No comments: