21 March 2009

Nature Notes


After last week's rain (thank You!) and this week's sun spring has most certainly sprung here in Central Texas.




In the yard:




  • The red-tipped photinia are ablaze



  • The lantana, crape myrtles, lavender, and plum tree are covered with bright green new growth



  • The shrub roses are full and green, too, and even display a few pale pink flowers



  • The peach tree has buds



  • We have some tiny white wildflowers which I think may be redroot



 


In the windowsill:



 


At the feeders:




  • Mostly finches and sparrows



 


Along the roadside:


1 comment:

40winkzzz said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments on my blogpost. It was obviously different from the usual stuff I post and it was going out on a limb a bit, but... I felt like it was a good thing to put out there. I wrote it a couple weeks ago for therapeutic purposes and hoped I would eventually have the courage to post it. I appreciate you saying that you "needed to read it" --that's exactly why I posted it. (Well, not especially for *you*, but, you know. :-)


As for this post of yours, I like it-- but you have some html code showing that you might need to fix.