Pray without ceasing;
Give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Today I feel led to offer thanks for some of the circumstances of my life that I am not happy about.
- the engine light is on in my car, and my inspection is this month, and I haven't finished paying off last year's repairs
- we still live in Texas in the suburbs, not in the country in the Northwest
- we are in debt, and I have to work
- two of my children are not following God at this point in their lives
- our church situation is ambiguous
Rejoice in the Lord always;
again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentle spirit be known to all men.
The Lord is near.
Be anxious for nothing,
but in everything by prayer and supplication,
let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God,
which surpasses all comprehension,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.