10 July 2011

trying

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
~ Theodore Roosevelt

I am learning this.  Little by little.  I have spent so much of my life battling perfectionism.  If I can't do something perfectly, I just give up.  That is part of why I am doing NaBloPoMo, because I cannot come up with the perfect thing to post every day.  Or even most days.  Or today.  I am training myself to just post something.   And I am hoping that by doing it here, it will spill over into other areas of my life.  I am trying.




3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I can so relate to this. Especially when it comes to ideas of doing things for others. And sometimes if I can't do everything I envision, I don't even do a little something. A quote that's helped me so much with this is: ”Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.”
Robert Louis Stevenson
I have loved thinnking of my days this way!

mamatigerj said...

Oh, i love that quote; it is going into my copybook right now!
Thank you, Adrienne.

Marisa @ Walking My Ass Off said...

I agree with this quote...I have no problem satisfying myself but I always worry that I don't do something good enough to suit others.